Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I need to start this post off with an excuse I suppose. Well maybe not so much an excuse, maybe more a reason why I've ignored my blog for so long. Actually it's quite simple, real life had gotten in the way. So much to do and so little time to do it all. The thoughts have gone thru my mind as to whether I should give it a go again or admit that it had been so long I should just hang it up. I decided to give it a go! Or at least a try.

And I'm going to start off with a question to you. Well to those of you that may still be around and will see it! LOL! That may not be too many people!


I am back to working on finishing my dollhouse. It's the Bellingham farmhouse by Duracraft. The inside is mostly done, I have a bit of shingling to finish on the roof. And since I've replaced the windows that came with the kit with better ones I still have those to finish ripping out and painting the new ones.

I also need to finish the porch! And this is where I need a little help! I want to add wood stir sticks to the floor of the porch to have a wooden floor. Before I do the railings. My question is: which direction should the stir sticks go? I can't for the life of me decide.

So please help me out!

 
Would you choose the straight out from the door method on the left or the staggered from left to right across the porch that is shown on the right?
Don't forget to click on the picture for a close up view. I think if you click once and then click again the picture gets even larger. Then you can really see all of my goofs. Ha!
So.........
 
Whatcha think?

11 comments:

  1. Your house is fantastic! For the floor of the porch I like the second method, that is shown on the right.
    I wait to see more.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only recently restarted blogging too- it is hard to get back at it, isn't it? Welcome back :) I would go with the staggered long way if it were me. I love the staggered look in wood floors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bienvenida nuevamente, la casita es una monada y para mi gusto, la madera puesta de izquierda a derecha se ve mas bonita, espero ir viendo tus avances. Besitos. Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the one on the right- It is just gorgeous...and that one looks more "real" to me- Hope you are back for a while- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! I hope to be back for a while too! LOL! I missed my blog! I think this porch is starting to come ALIVE!

      Delete
  5. In RL, those boards would be installed the "long" way, as you have pictured on the right. Or, for an interesting (but much more time and material consuming) twist, on the diagonal.

    Good and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back, I'm having computer problems at home so thats why Im not on my blog but every now and then you need a mental health day so take some time off and go nuts in real life..then come back and act all normal..no one will ever know

    I agree with everyone else..in real life they would be like the right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Steinworks! Yes real life does interfere with play time but it's important to take time to do the things you love!

      Delete
  7. Welcome back... or better "Hallo" because I just found your blog and I think I'm your newest follower :-)

    I like the staggered sticks more!
    I'm looking forward to see more pictures of your house.

    Hugs, Lina

    ReplyDelete