Monday, April 29, 2013

Getting Ready For The Wedding

My middle daughter is getting married this summer. The Bridal Shower is in less than three weeks. So I'm working on getting things made. When the shower is over I'll post pics of how we used some of these things to decorate with. For now I'll just show you what I've been making.

I absolutely loved loved loved the flowers that Carol makes over at The Polka Dot Closet  http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/. Carol is an awesome lady. So talented and so very helpful. She shares so much with her readers. Giving tutorials and sharing so many secrets of how she does what she does! Most people I've found hold everything close to the chest but not Carol. She shares her how to's and I've learned so much.

I wanted to make these flowers that she was making so that I could incorporate them into the wedding and I was having a heck of a time. I shouted out to Carol and she helped me thru it. With her help I've finally got it worked out.

You really need to talk a gander over to her blog http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/ and check it out! You'll love it. And be prepared....take a cup of coffee with you or your drink of choice 'cuz you're gonna be there a while!!!!!

So now here are some photos of things I've been making. I found the tutorial for turning a picture frame into a chalkboard and I have that made. I'm going to write a little saying on it for the shower. I also found a tutorial for the hearts and made them into a garland I'll drape using baling twine my husband had out in the garage. If you want any of the tutes let me know and I'll share the links. Don't forget to click on the pictures and look at them enlarged!

.





The little adirondack chairs will be on the top of the wedding cake. She's been looking and looking and couldn't find exactly what she wanted. Well hubby and I were in a store called Herb Philipsons yesterday and I found these. Ya just gotta love all this new technology.....I took a picture with my phone and sent it to her and asked her if these were what she was trying to find....and they were! Gosh back in the day you could never do that. You'd just have to buy them only to find out they weren't what someone wanted. Now just take a pic with the phone and send it to them...instant response! Not sure what we're going to do with them to get them ready for the top of the cake....we'll see! Wouldn't it be cool to have a bride and groom doll sitting in them......gosh where could I get those I wonder? Any ideas?

OK now on to making the garters and some more flowers to put in my two granddaughters, from my oldest daughter, hair as they are the flowergirls. They were in one aunts wedding 2 years ago and now they're in another aunts wedding. And they just love it!

2 comments:

  1. The flower is PERFECT!!! Great job and so cute on the pillow. The hearts are so cute and how unbelievable that you found the chairs she wanted. I had found a vintage bride and groom at an antique store..Just an idea, good luck!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful scene. I like the pillow.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete