Thursday, August 6, 2009

A new follower, summer flowers and a new project
















Wow I was away for a few days, feeling under the weather.......which is a terrible place to be in the summertime.....so I come back to find a new follower....Hello Kim...Welcome...I'm so happy to see you here. I absolutely loved visiting your blog and seeing your gardens. You look like you live in the country like me!!!! We have a small farmette in between 2 large dairy farms. I've attached a few pictures of some of my flowers.


I've also attached a picture of the base of my next project. It's a wooden bread box I bought at a flea market a couple of years ago. This will be the future home of a bakery. I have a plastic shoe box tote full of wonderful bakery goods and it's time to get a display built to show them off. And now that I have conquered the lighting demon I'm ready to light up this bakery too! So follow me along as I attempt to accomplish this. Since it is summer and we still have lots of real life things going on during the nice weather I'm not sure how fast this project will go but I promise to do a little bit of something on a regular basis.





2 comments:

  1. Carolyn! I hope that you are all better now. Love the breadbox. One of my friends did a kitchen in one just like that. She did the old night light trick. She went to the hardware store and got one of the little bulb sockets on a single cord and just drilled a hole in the back of the box and hid it at the top. I do that quite often when I am too lazy to do real wiring. Anyway, I can't wait to see what you do with the bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn- thank you for the welcome! Your flowers are beautiful- the last one- Wow!!! It really loved its location and weather I guess! I do live in the country- I do not have a farm, but my neighbor has his fields up next to our property and I get to see the hay bales and the cows without the work :) Welcome to blogging-I'm excited to watch your bread box bakery progress :)

    ReplyDelete